Last Updated: 09.23.2015
[Revlo] (“Revlo,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out the manner in which Revlo collects, uses, discloses and otherwise manages personal information. This Privacy Notice applies to the privacy practices of Revlo, including on the website www.revlo.co (the “Website”).
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Revlo offers a personal loyalty program administration service for broadcasters on Twitch.tv (“Twitch”). Broadcasters can customize a loyalty program that provides viewers with points that can then be redeemed for rewards offered by the broadcaster on Twitch or on the Website.
If you are a broadcaster and use Revlo to create a personal loyalty program:
- To register as a Revlo user, we will collect your Twitch username and email address. We use this information to administer your account and communicate with you about the service.
- We may also use your email address to send you bi-weekly newsletters about Revlo’s products and services. You can opt-out of receiving our newsletter at any time by following the instructions in each of these communications.
- As a registered Revlo user, you will have access to a Dashboard where you can review the details of your account, set certain preferences and edit your personal details (such as your username, the details of your loyalty program, currency and notifications settings). We use the information you provide on the Dashboard in order to deliver the loyalty program services you request.
- We use a bot on Twitch in order to collect information about your Twitch account (such as the number of your viewers, followers and subscribers) and information about your Twitch usage (when you stream, and how long and often you stream). We use this information to understand our users and improve our product and service offering.
If you are a viewer and participate in a broadcaster’s loyalty program:
- On behalf of broadcaster, we use a bot to collect your Twitch user name and interactions with the broadcaster’s channel on Twitch (such as length of watching time per session and amount of interaction on stream). This information is used to reward and redeem points and to otherwise administer the loyalty program on behalf of the broadcaster. We may also collect the types of games you watch and when you typically watch games. We use this information to understand our users and improve our product and service offering.
- The broadcaster may permit you to redeem points on our Website in addition to on Twitch. Depending on the rewards offered by the broadcaster, we may also collect additional information from you for the purposes of facilitating the point redemption. For example, we may collect your mailing address so that the broadcaster can send your reward by mail or the name of a charity so that the broadcaster can donate to the charity of your choice.
If you are a viewer or broadcaster:
- When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, address and a telephone number) along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may also retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service, product and service offerings, and events and promotions.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer personal information, without consent, except as otherwise set out herein or in your agreement with the broadcaster.
Service Provider Arrangements:
In connection with our Website and the services we provide to broadcasters, we may transfer (or otherwise make available) personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to host our website and store information on our behalf. Personal information may be maintained and processed by third party service providers in the US or Canada and may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities as required under the laws of those jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. For more information about the way in which our service providers treat personal information, contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
Sale of Business:
We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Revlo or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
Legal and Compliance:
Revlo and our Canadian, US and other service providers may provide personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we or our service providers, such as Google Analytics, may collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of visitors to our website and other related information including, but not limited to, page requests, bounce and click-through rates, device, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our websites. We may also collect information about reward redemptions (such as activation rates, values of rewards offered and the use of the Website to redeem rewards). We use this information to help us understand our website activity, and to monitor and improve our websites.
We may also use a third-party such as Google Analytics to help us gather demographic information about users of our Website such as age, gender, parental status, user interest categories. We use this information to evaluate and improve the customer experience and the convenience of our Website and service offerings.
Tracer Tags & Web Beacons:
We may also use a technology called "tracer tags" or "Web Beacons". This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our website. This information helps us optimize and tailor our websites and marketing communications for you and others.
Third Party Links:
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control.
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we have collected on behalf of a particular broadcaster, we will direct that individual to the relevant broadcaster. We will assist broadcasters wherever possible in responding to individual access requests.
If you submit personal information via our Website or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you may request access, updating or correction of your personal information by submitting a written request (see “Contact Us” below). We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity.
Registered Revlo users will also have access certain of their personal information though the Dashboard.
You can contact Revlo Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information; or
- you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information.